Home Sellers Guide

Most people won’t sell more than 1-2 homes in their lifetime. There are ever-changing laws that you don’t want to learn on your own through trial and error. They say “Practice Makes Perfect” – but without the opportunity to practice…often Sellers are on their own with nowhere reliable to turn. The whole ordeal can be confusing and stressful and there are a lot of pitfalls that Sellers find themselves falling into. Hopefully, we can relieve some of the stress by helping you sidestep those pitfalls.

One of the big mistakes that Sellers make is not fully understanding what elements of the sale that they control.  This is what leads to alot of frustration…


Seller Controls:Seller Doesn’t Control:
  • Price
  • Competition
  • Property Condition
  • Buyers or Sellers Market
  • Availability For Showing
  • Interest Rates
  • Home Warranty
  • When Your Home Sells

hello dome people
Sometimes its those “small things” that make the difference: keeping your home in top showing condition, making sure that every buyer who wants to see your property gets the chance, or offering a minimal cost incentive like a Home Warranty. The number one area where Sellers falter is Pricing.


Today’s Market is a tale of two markets: 20% are priced at ‘Fair Market Value’ while the other 80% are overpirced. What is the result? The Fair Market Value Priced homes are getting multiple offers – while the overpiced homes are getting none. Surveys done by the National Association of Realtors show that more buyers view homes listed at Fair Market Value than above. In fact, pricing your home as little a 10% over Fair Market Value can cut the potential buyers walking through your door by half – conversely, pricing 10% under Fair Market Value can bring in an average of 75% of the available buyers currently looking. The bottom line is overpricing your home will make it go stale…

It is very important to price your property correctly when it first goes on the market as historically your first offer is usually your best offer. The longer your property sits onthe market – the less interest it will attract and the lower the offers will be…



It is important to remember that the value of your property is determined by what the BUYER is willing to pay for it – based on comparing your property to others that have SOLD in your area.  The buyer doesn’t care: